Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Finale If You Will

Some drink to drown there sorrows while others....well find other means to escape the things that chase them.  My escape has always been my writing.  It has been my therapist, the sounding board of my loneliness, the place where I can go and find myself each time.  

I began this journey to try to make sense of my mother's terminal cancer diagnosis.  Writing about it allowed me to express my thoughts and emotions.  I discovered myself in the process.

She died nearly two years ago and I am slowly moving forward from that point in time.  It seems appropriate to end this blog here, bury her if you will, something I was unable to do in real life.  I am moving forward because I must; it's inevitable.  On that note, I want to thank you for listen or reading in this case.  

This journey is over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment